The funny thing is, it's entirely possible that Ubiquiti sold some extra
hardware because of Elevate. For example, in our case it took some pressure
off to convert all our towers to ePMP as quickly, because any new CPE that
we put out there would still be usable after we did eventually convert it
(and we had already made the decision to switch all our 5ghz stuff over to
ePMP quite awhile before Elevate was an option).

The one thing that I can see being a legitimate concern, would be if
Ubiquiti ended up getting in trouble with the FCC over the devices not
being compliant after being converted.