https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6N06hldIAbA

--
Best regards,
Mark
mailto:m...@mailmt.com

Myakka Technologies, Inc.
www.MyakkaTech.com

------

Probably just because I’m old, but I can’t stand the overuse of autotune in most pop music today.  Not just to polish up a few off-key notes, but the whole song is heavily autotuned.

For anyone on the list who lives or travels outside the US, is this just a US phenomenon?  Or is it everywhere, including Europe and South America?

I heard the studio version of this song on the car radio last night and had to Google the lyrics to find the singer, who turned out to be from Germany.  Obviously capable of singing without autotune, or at least performing live without lip syncing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38FORtUWDKA

I don’t know where the recorded music industry is headed.  I try to find high res FLAC downloads and most of what’s available is remastered stuff from 30+ years ago.  The few “audiophiles” today seems to be listening to vinyl on their tube amps.  Yet I saw an ad for a $15,000 85 inch 8K resolution Samsung TV, shipping later this month.  Video and audio seem to have gone opposite directions.  (I estimate that 8K streaming video will require up to 100 Mbps Internet speed.)