To be fair, I can see the difference between 1080p/4k/8k with a big enough
screen viewed from a close enough difference.  I can't hear any difference
between 16bit PCM and "high res" audio.  Hell, I can't even claim that I'm
able to perceive a difference between 16bit lossless and a well-encoded
MP3.  The only reason I keep my collection in lossless formats is that
simply knowing the encoding is lossy somehow takes away from my enjoyment.