We use Calix 844e and have about 800 units in the field. We're on consumer
connect for management and the replacement to that is support cloud which
we need to migrate to still.

The short and sweet is they're the best routers we've ever used and we had
over 200 cnpilot in the field before we went with Calix. Yes, Calix is used
to fiber providers and thus has a different sales model and pricing. I've
been driving then to work with smaller wisp's and ISP's to come up with a
more attractive cloud price model.

They're zero touch config for us and you do not need to enter provisioning
url. They phone home automatically and they're tied to your account upon
shipment to you. To provision them, our techs send the office the serial
number and wifi password, we create the profile for customer in cloud
portal with wifi ssid and password. Techs then plug router in at install
and it downloads latest firmware, loads out default config, applies the
chosen ssid and password and it's ready to go. All without the tech logging
into the router at all. It's awesome!

The 844e has the best 5ghz range and performance of any route I've tested
with the 4x4 antenna system.

They can be a pain to deal with until you actually become a customer and
start ordering. The direct sales model leaves things open to price
negotiation and them dropping the ball. Once we got through the pain of
getting our foot in the door, it's all been good since then. If you have
trouble getting through to Calix, let me know and I'll send your info to
the VP of sales. He wants to know when their sales guys are dropping the
ball.