NY DPS requires them to use a cost based formula to determine pole rents.  So one might be $9/year per pole and one might be $12/year per pole because the two companies have different costs, but if they charge $12 for cable then it's $12 for us too.

Oh and muni utilities don't have to follow the rules for some reason.

....and of course that's just this state.  These things are going to be different everywhere.

On 1/26/2019 7:27 PM, Ken Hohhof wrote:

I thought the rule had more to do with equity in pole attachment fees.  So if the pole owner charges the telco or cableco $10 per month, they can’t charge a WISP $20 per month.

*From:* AF <af-boun...@af.afmug.com> *On Behalf Of *Chris Fabien
*Sent:* Saturday, January 26, 2019 6:19 PM
*To:* AnimalFarm Microwave Users Group <af@af.afmug.com>
*Subject:* Re: [AFMUG] How to access ROW, permits, poles

There's lots of variations on this locality dependent.

 For example in MI I need a state-mandated municipal permit to have telecom infrastructure in the ROW even for an aerial run on someone else's poles.

Our county had to be satisfied we were a "real public utility" before they would issue underground permits. This was their own policy they made up as far as I could tell. Even though the municipal permit specifically allows "any entity".

None of this was at all related to a 477 filing.