From: "Cassidy B. Larson" <c...@infowest.com>
To: "AnimalFarm Microwave Users Group" <af@af.afmug.com>
Sent: Tuesday, February 26, 2019 4:23:17 PM
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] Higher power 18Ghz radios..

Hardware limitations? SAF Lumina only did 56MHz.

On Feb 26, 2019, at 3:18 PM, Mathew Howard < mhoward...@gmail.com > wrote:

Well, I'm just guessing, but what other reason would there be for occupying
79mhz with a 56mhz radio?

On Tue, Feb 26, 2019 at 4:08 PM Tim Hardy < thardy...@gmail.com > wrote:

If that’s the case, it must’ve been truly horrid at 56 MHz. There are
consequences in this wasting of spectrum - you’ll notice that modulations less
than 16 QAM are not currently coordinated or licensed since they fail to meet
the FCC’s minimum of 1 bit/Hz. Any operation of the AF-11 at QPSK or 1/4 QPSK
is not actually legal..

Sent from my iPad