From: AF <af-boun...@af.afmug.com> On Behalf Of Matt Hoppes
Sent: Friday, March 1, 2019 9:53 AM
To: af@af.afmug.com
Subject: [AFMUG] Fiber - ROI

I’m looking at running fiber to some very rural areas.

Even if I get grant funding to run it. How are those of you doing it making the
ongoing ROI when you might have 5 houses each mile?

Pole rentals are $15-$17/ea per year.

Is trenching normally something you pay the state/county per mile?  Per once
permit?

Does anyone know of a company I can consult with that will design and engineer
FTTH networks?

Chuck - are you still accepting folks to come down with you for a week to learn
your ways of fiber?