Schematics attached. The main issue I'm having is when powered via USB,
everything works fine. When powered via a 12V car battery, the
chips seem to not have enough power. There are two comparator circuits, one
to monitor USB/Batt and report how the unit is being powered.
The 2nd actually provides the power. One chip will occasionally draw
~150-400ma of power causing the board to lock up. Chips are powered
via Vin.

What I don't understand is why everything works perfectly on USB but has
issues when powered via 12V.