My beef with utilities is insted of using unlicensed spectrum use a band that make sense for this like 220Mhz which is widely available in most rural areas. One license would take care of our county and it would be your channel completely free of pissed off wisp and baby monitors lol. I almost consider utilities public safety which has free rain of all sorts of licensed spectrum that would cover their needs.

I am even thinking the cambium long reach product would fit the bill in most case for Water utilities.