anyone remember BART...

From: Ken Hohhof
Sent: Saturday, October 26, 2019 10:04 PM
To: 'AnimalFarm Microwave Users Group'
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] OT travelog

I remember when they built the “people mover” at O’Hare airport in 1993, they
ran empty test trains for a long, long time, something like 6 months, before
they dared to carry live passengers.  This despite operating on rails, stopping
only at the same 5 places, never encountering other vehicles or pedestrians,
and traveling at a maximum speed of 26 mph.  Evidently we’ve become a lot more
comfortable with driverless vehicles.  Well, unless it’s a Boeing 737 Max.