It is tempting. This is also the IT Guy who told me "I can definitely tell how much faster my LAN is since I've changed from Cat5e to Cat6 cables."

On 11/5/2019 9:47 AM, Craig Schmaderer wrote:

Nate, you should route his call into a special phone tree that he can not escape out of. lol

*From:*AF <af-boun...@af.afmug.com> *On Behalf Of *Nate Burke
*Sent:* Tuesday, November 5, 2019 9:43 AM
*To:* AnimalFarm Microwave Users Group <af@af.afmug.com>
*Subject:* Re: [AFMUG] Priority on Speedtest.net

I think it would be a good tool to have in the toolbox, but maybe selectively applied.

We have one business customer (Broadband), every morning the "IT guy" will run a speedtest, and call in if it's not the 40mb he expects. He don't bother to look at any of his other network traffic, any downloads that are going on, if there are actually any problems. He only cares what speedtest shows, and if his screen doesn't show 40mb, then he's calling. Every time, !EVERY TIME!, it's because his network traffic is using the rest of the connection, which we explain to him EVERY TIME, but this has been his operating procedure for the last 3 years. "Hey guys, speeds are slow this morning, you need to check it and fix it."