We are really putting the cart waaaayyyy before the horse here huh?  Changing to the new association management platform was a necessity and there is a lot of additional functionality that forums will enable for the WISPA committees as an example.

I'm an anti-forum guy myself... but when it was presented to the Board and all of the reasoning behind it, it sounded like a good idea to me.  I don't recall all the reasoning (its been at least a month since we had the discussion) but at least let WISPA finish rolling it out before we make any decisions.

A lot of the value of WISPA and Animal Farm years ago was the member lists... but you can look at the traffic now vs. 5 years ago and make conclusions yourself on where the traffic has gone.  WISPs have not stopped networking... just not doing it on e-mail lists as much anymore.

I view this as a good thing... organizations like WISPA have to keep defining their value beyond access to a mailing list.  This WISPA board so far as worked great together and we have a pretty good vision on that front.

And has already been said... we will always have AFMUG

photograph
Daniel White
Co-Founder & Managing Director of Operations
phone: +1 (702) 470-2766
direct:+1 (702) 470-2770