Well, the efficiency isn't quite that bad. at 1024QAM (they actually do
support 2048QAM now too) they can do somewhere around 350-375Mbps per
polarity using a 56mhz channel, which is about the same as what our old SAF
Lumina can do at 256QAM... of course if you figure that as an 80mhz
channel, rather than 56mhz, it's pretty bad. I'm pretty sure that it
doesn't meet the FCC efficiency requirements at the lowest modulations, but
you'd have to have a pretty poorly engineered link for that to be a problem.