From: AF <af-boun...@af.afmug.com> On Behalf Of Ken Hohhof
Sent: Monday, January 27, 2020 10:52 AM
To: 'AnimalFarm Microwave Users Group' <af@af.afmug.com>
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] FCC 3.5 GHz Spectrum Auction 105

Apparently there was a window of time where new or renewed licenses got
expiration dates out to like 2025.  See for example WQVI696.  I'm a little
unclear on whether all Part 96 equipment becomes illegal this April regardless
of whether your NN license expires.  Ours was renewed in October 2018 and
expires April 2020, so it's moot unless we get an extension.  But I know at
least one WISP that thinks they have lots of time because their license doesn't
expire until 2024.

That's another bizarre feature of how the FCC has handled this.  A license
acquired or renewed in 2018 expires in 2020, but one acquired in 2015 runs the
full 10 years to 2025?  That's just random.  How can they not grant extensions
if some licenses still have 5 years to run?