From: AF <af-boun...@af.afmug.com> On Behalf Of Eric Nielsen
Sent: Wednesday, February 5, 2020 7:19 PM
To: AnimalFarm Microwave Users Group <af@af.afmug.com>
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] giant cellular panel antennas

Passive repeater?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Passive_repeater

On Wed, Feb 5, 2020 at 8:03 PM Ken Hohhof <af...@kwisp.com
<mailto:af...@kwisp.com> > wrote:

I drove by a celltower today where a tower crew (truck said ATS) was installing
arrays of these giant panels.  They looked like sheets of drywall, but actually
I’d estimate they were around 3x5 feet.  Almost as tall as the tower guy
installing one of them.  3 arrays, each consisting of 3 of these panels.  I’ve
never seen such big antennas.  They were putting them fairly low on the tower,
maybe because of windload?

I didn’t stop to take photos, I didn’t want them calling the police on me
thinking I was a terrorist or something.  But from my description, does anybody
have a guess what these were?  This was halfway between 2 small towns in a
rural area, next to a state route and a railroad track (not commuter).  Could
these be some sort of multiband 5G antenna, covering all the low and mid bands?

Eric Nielsen
571-508-7409
ericlniel...@gmail.com <mailto:ericlniel...@gmail.com>