I have a Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200, similar features and age as Nate’s.

Even more important than the hyperzoom lens I think is the image stabilization
which works quite well, that photo was handheld.

It’s a model from something like 2012, so I assume there are cameras available
today with larger sensors and better resolution, that’s probably the weak point
of this particular camera.  It has a 12 MP sensor but I resize all the photos
at least 50% or they’re too grainy.  I don’t have money for camera equipment
these days, but you could probably get a DSLR or mirrorless or compact camera
today with a hyperzoom lens and a much better sensor, that would justify
digital zoom on top of the optical zoom.

The photos of the whole tower were taken with my cellphone.  I had to go back
with an actual camera to take the zoomed in photos.  Also my Canon image
stabilization binoculars.  Did I mention I love image stabilization?