I'm living in asia right now (philippines)

they are going to extremes to contain the virus no you can't believe what
china is saying but I do believe what I'm seeing

we just took a vacation to cebu for our anniversary

when you go to the airport they check your temperature even for
domestic before you get to the terminal
and check again before you get on the flight

resorts and hotels have to check your temperature before they let you walk
in even if just to eat inside

if you want to go into a bigger crowded areas  like whale watching you have
to get all you vitals checked and get stamped that you don't have the virus

in bohol nurses are getting infected

U.S citizens in china post on social media of police installing metal bars
on doors of anyone's home that refuse to quarantine at the hospital

as I'm a foreigner I'm not allowed to fly in or out any part of china hong
kong or taiwan until the virus travel ban is over

I don't mean to scare anyone just sharing truths I'm not that scared of the
virus as its just a new strain of the flu and I'm still young

if I was older I would be scared as a flu shot will not help you with this
yet and the is a mask shortage so your own doctor or nurse and infect you

in the U.S though there are so few that have it and hospital resources are
so high there is nothing to really worry about there

but in asia where good hospitals are hard to find most houses don't have
proper showers nurses are out of masks its standard for kids to live with
grandparents
that can easily get sick and the flu is not common here as its always hot
so the immune system is not really ready for it

it is a very scary virus in asia but I don't see it being much of an issue
in the U.S