I don’t have a lot of 2011’s, but other than one that came with one Ethernet
port DOA, I don’t think I’ve seen that kind of problem on that model.  And mine
are outdoors in uncontrolled environments.  Well, except for one at my office.

One just general comment, are you tracking memory utilization (like graphing
via SNMP)?  I have a weirdo customer who went from using Linux computers as
routers to using Mikrotiks, I think CRS series.  He has his own /24 and gets
portscanned like crazy and has connection tracking on.  He complains that his
Mikrotiks keep having to be rebooted or netinstalled and he has all sorts of
crazy explanations, but I’m convinced he is just running out of memory due to
his conntrack table filling up.  Not my problem though, so I’ve avoided getting
sucked into it.

2011 has I think 128 MB RAM, the heavier duty Mikrotiks have somewhere around 1
– 4 GB.  I mean, I’ve still got a few smaller routers in my network like 493G
and 850Gx2 and I don’t see RAM running low, but just tossing it out as a
possibility.