Ive actually been bitten by the same problem.  Should have thought of that.Sent
from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
-------- Original message --------From: Mark Radabaugh <m...@amplex.net> Date:
4/1/20  8:50 AM  (GMT-05:00) To: AnimalFarm Microwave Users Group
<af@af.afmug.com> Subject: Re: [AFMUG] PTP Microwave antenna question Old
thread  but finally found the answer to what was going on with this link - and
it’s stupid.The 820C has 3 part numbers to cover the 11Ghz band.   Apparently
the coordinated frequency was outside of the range of the radio part number we
were using.   Amateur mistake.   A couple of contributing factors - but one of
the bigger ones is that the 820C will happily accept a frequency assignment
outside of the sub-band without complaint.   The older 800’s and other brands
we have used puke if you try to do that.  We have kept all of our links in one
sub-band for sparing.   I think there is a newer 820C high power that has
external swappable duplexers that will simplify the sparing but stocking one
pair of radios and just the duplexers.   I need to have our NOC look into that
since we now have a ’spares’ problem.MarkOn Mar 6, 2020, at 2:49 PM, Mark
Radabaugh <m...@amplex.net> wrote:I think at this point we are just going to go
back out and try it without the Dragonwave adapter by swapping the mounting
plate on the back of the antennas to the Cambium plates.   We have a set of
mounting plates on hand.MarkOn Mar 6, 2020, at 2:46 PM, Caleb Knauer
<cknauer.li...@gmail.com> wrote:He swapped radio pairs with known good in the
field and that wasn't it.  And you can't rotate ODU flanges on C, they're fixed
and meant to go to some mediation devices.  You can on the single core S. On
Fri, Mar 6, 2020 at 2:43 PM <ch...@wbmfg.com> wrote:

If somehow those rectangular sections are not aligned you could have that
problem.
I am leaning toward a bad radio.
You could put both radios on the bench.  Divert one of the rectangular
waveguides  on each end.
I would not block it but just put some kind of 45 degree reflector in front
of it to direct the signal somewhere else.
Or if you could find some absorbing foam to put in front of it.