I should have caught it much sooner. Link coordination and equipment is
one of those things I handed off to another person. The job has now been
passed off to the 3rd (or 4th if you count me) person. Didn't think
something that basic would slip through so many people. Apparently we need
to look closer at our training procedures when handing tasks off.

Mark

On Wed, 01 Apr 2020 09:59:56 -0400, dmmoffett  wrote:  Ive actually been
bitten by the same problem. Should have thought of that.        Sent from
my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone       -------- Original message
-------- From: Mark Radabaugh  Date: 4/1/20 8:50 AM (GMT-05:00) To:
AnimalFarm Microwave Users Group  Subject: Re: [AFMUG] PTP Microwave
antenna question    Old thread but finally found the answer to what was
going on with this link - and it's stupid.   The 820C has 3 part numbers to
cover the 11Ghz band. Apparently the coordinated frequency was outside of
the range of the radio part number we were using. Amateur mistake. A couple
of contributing factors - but one of the bigger ones is that the 820C will
happily accept a frequency assignment outside of the sub-band without
complaint. The older 800's and other brands we have used puke if you try to
do that.    We have kept all of our links in one sub-band for sparing. I
think there is a newer 820C high power that has external swappable
duplexers that will simplify the sparing but stocking one pair of radios
and just the duplexers. I need to have our NOC look into that since we now
have a 'spares' problem.   Mark

  On Mar 6, 2020, at 2:49 PM, Mark