I would suggest looking seriously at the MX204 platform.   New with licensing
it’s under 20k (negotiate hard and you can get it closer to 15k).     Very
powerful without the power, space, and line card expense of the MX80.   The
only real drawback to them is they are a single routing engine rather than
dual.  Having said that I can’t recall any time that we have had a routing
engine fail on a MX series router.   Used to happen all the time on our Cisco
7500’s - but we are talking ancient history there.

We run a pair of MX204’s now, though we used a single one for a long time.

Mark