Well the CRS 3xx line is actually their best so far.  I've noted at least 4 ways to set up VLAN's on a Mikrotik and in any given scenario 3 of them are wrong.  On the 3xx use Bridge->VLAN and enable VLAN filtering on your bridge interface.  That is the only platform where the bridge VLAN filtering gets hardware acceleration, and if you did that on any other model you'd be dependent on the CPU.  For CRS 1xx and 2xx you use Switch->VLAN menu which has different options and capabilities.  For CCR or any of the other router products you can use bridge->VLAN filtering, but there's still an older method under Interface->VLAN which also works and you can either add VLAN interfaces to a bridge, or bridge the VLAN interfaces together. All of these methods are "right" in the right scenario, and 3 out of the 4 are always wrong.

A stack of those CRS317's was an alternate suggestion made here. Four of those would cost 1/10th what we'd spend on an EX4600, but I'm kind of sick of that whole scene.

If you're in Juniper world and you have two different models, how much different is the command syntax to do the same jobs?