Without seeing the installation, my first inclination would be to have the terminals in front, and find a way to dress the cables to look more presentable and/or be more serviceable. Since I can't see what it looks like, I will say "Carry on."

On 7/12/2020 4:16 PM, Ken Hohhof wrote:

If the rack mount batteries are front terminal, you can’t blame someone for installing them with the wires coming off the front.  In a European CO the racks are back-to-back and you have no choice, everything must be installed and serviced from the front.

From: AF <af-boun...@af.afmug.com> On Behalf Of ch...@wbmfg.com
Sent: Sunday, July 12, 2020 5:16 PM
To: af@af.afmug.com
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] tomorrow

Rack mount batteries got installed with the wires coming off the front then up the rack with wire hangers for a bit then diagonally going to the rack and then up the back   Looks bad.  I don’t know why the guy did not route them looking better.  So if we flip them around in the rack, the wires can go straight up the back side of the rack to the circuit breaker panel and the inverter and rectifier shelves.

The all aluminum building has the door threshold about 4 feet above ground level.  It was designed to resist flooding.  And the place where it rests was underwater in the mid 1980s.  So, now the water would have to be over the top of I-80 before I have a problem.  And since it has a 4 foot sump, we can pump it out (it has a built in sump pump too).   But it needs stairs to get into.  I got some nice gnarly steel stair treat and built a set of stairs for it.  They need to be painted and put in place.

The inverter has a switch that will convert the output over to commercial power if it fails.  It has no 120 VAC feed into it at the moment.  Nice Exeltech 4 kW sine wave modular inverter.

A few years ago a guy wanted to rent some of our back lot to stage his tow trucks.  He parked several tow trucks and an older Winnebago style motor home there.  About a month or less some other guy showed up and said this guy supposedly bought those trucks from him as well as the whole business but defaulted.  Those were his trucks.  I told him that I would not notice if they all disappeared as I could not get ahold of the guy and he only made the one rent payment.

I finally made contact and told him to clear out the remaining truck and the motor home.  He never got the motorhome.  I should have towed it out to the highway and just left it.  But instead I tried to sell it, give it away get the local junkyard to take it.  I eventually told the crew to go out with a mini excavator (with a thumb) and pluck it to pieces and put all the pieces in a large truck sized dumpster.  I finished ripping all the pieces they left off today and made a mess.  Not sure what I am going to do with the chassis.  It was running when it was parked.

Kinda fun starting up another company brand new like this.  We are installing a 576 strand C.O. cable this week.  My C.O. rack can serve up to 10,024 customers without adding another shelf.  576 strands can serve 18,432 customers.  No remotes, electronics, DLCs etc out in the field.  Just 100% optics up to 20 km and up to 30 km if we cut down the splitter ports.

The upstream equipment we are installing has the ability to go to 1000 Gbps on a ring of just 4 strands.  Thus the name Terabit Networks.  The ring will be about 100 miles long when I complete it.  I have 2 gaps left to complete.