I didn't suggest an economic incentive existed. As you correctly quoted me,
I asked if there was one. Asking if there is a god does not proclaim that
God exists. It does ask a question to ponder if there is one, and suggests
the possibility of a god.

I didn't proclaim there is an incentive. I was searching for a reasoned
explanation for what I saw. I don't know what you are searching for other
than defending some viewpoint. I am not attacking your view, whatever that
might be, of a COVID number or whatever else you are defending.
Again, whatever. I don't even care about what you, or Chuck, or Jaime think
about COVID. I like them alot, but I just don't care about COVID anymore.
Maybe it still cares about me. What I do care about is someone claiming I
am pushing a conspiracy theory.

The extent of what I said was to suggest a reasonable explanation for a
fact. I could be wrong. I don't think I said "I know there is some
incentive" I posed the question. Are we too fragile to be exposed to
questions?

Lastly, I guess you are an English teacher. I am an accountant by training.
I like to find the economic driver which I believe lies behind most
decisions. I didn't say all, but most. Since I don't have a PHD in English
I won't debate if your method to get my point across is more clear. Seems
pretty similar to me.

On Thu, Aug 6, 2020 at 9:01 AM Carl Peterson <cpeter...@portnetworks.com>
wrote:

> Lewis, It seems that you are still implying that there is some economic
> incentive to report more positive cases.  As far as I can tell, this is not
> the case whatsoever.  That may not be your intent, but the structure of
> your sentence "I merely quesited about there being some misguided economic
> incentive, ..." vs something like " I merely quesited whether there may be
> some misguided economic incentive, ..." suggests that the incentive
> exists.
>
> On Thu, Aug 6, 2020 at 8:26 AM Lewis Bergman <lewis.berg...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> <RANT>
>> WTF don't you people understand? How many times do I have to state I am
>> NOT trying to state, imply, or propagate that there is a conspiracy to
>> inflate, deflate, or otherwise misreport the numbers?
>>
>> I'll state again, for I hope the very last time:
>> Anecdotal information I have personal knowledge of to be true, that there
>> is over reporting in this oh so tiny subset of data. I am sure there is
>> misreporting of positive cases as negative. I merely quesited about there
>> being some misguided economic incentive, put in place with the best
>> intentions but possibly mistakenly incentivizing testing facilities, to
>> report positive cases. I have no idea why such a policy would be put in
>> place.
>>
>> Whatever, this whole thing has just driven people crazy.
>>
>> If you think you are gonna get sick, stay isolated. If your grandmother
>> is fragile, she should stay isolated. If you are healthy, or just don't
>> care anymore, do whatever the $%@& you want.
>> </RANT>
>> Other than that, it is going to be mighty hot out there today.

Lewis Bergman
325-439-0533 Cell