The only fallacy with that is again, if you want more of
something subsidize it. I believe at $2k a week you are giving people an
incentive to commit fraud. If you pay the tester for testing only, there is
no incentive other than to actually perform a test instead of just claiming
they did (which is what I think the mostly likely explanation for what I
described). So to be clear, if you go the paperwork on someone and have all
the info you need to get paid, other than the little thing of actually
having the person there to perform the test on, you have an economic
incentive to say you processed the test. And of course if you are going to
make something up, say they are positive since they might have to come back
and get tested again to make sure depending on the type of test you
performed initially.

Anyway Carl, My sense of economics tells me that if you pay people who
perform testing more if the test is positive than negative and if you pay
people a lot more if they do test positive, you will definitely have a lot
more positive results, some of which are going to be fraudulent. No idea
how many. In some places that would be zero. In some, it would be a large
number. Statistics would eventually weed that out after the fact. By then,
the horse is already out of the barn and the money's gone. I pay a lot of
taxes so I actually care where that money goes. Some may not.

On Thu, Aug 6, 2020 at 9:33 AM Carl Peterson <cpeter...@portnetworks.com>
wrote:

> IMHO there should be economic incentive to identify and isolate as many
> cases as possible.  There should also be economic incentives for people who
> test positive to isolate.  eg if you test positive, do contact tracing and
> isolate at home for two weeks you get paid 2K a week to do it and your
> employer has to give you the time off (paid or unpaid at their
> discretion).  Of course there will be people that work the system but in
> the big picture who cares?  Especially at the individual level.
>
> On Thu, Aug 6, 2020 at 9:23 AM Lewis Bergman <lewis.berg...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> I wish it was funny but it doesn't matter how they dole out the money.
>> Several tons of it will be wasted and go somewhere it isn't needed. It is
>> just the nature of anything large be it government, business, or NGO.

Lewis Bergman
325-439-0533 Cell