From: "Steve Jones" <thatoneguyst...@gmail.com>
To: "AnimalFarm Microwave Users Group" <af@af.afmug.com>
Sent: Tuesday, August 11, 2020 9:05:35 PM
Subject: [AFMUG] Ot: illinois boiled eggs 14 minutes

So for 3 years now, all times of year, multiple brands, farm fresh and store
bought, its officially settled.
Boil water to rolling boil
Using a ladle drop eggs in gently to not crack them
Boil 14 minutes, 11 for semi soft boiled
The colder the quench water the better the peel
If the quench isnt ice cold, drop back into boil for 30 seconds to steam
separate the shell.

The science is settled once and for all, this is hard city water in an aluminum
pot. Anywhere between a half gallon and gallon and a half, anywhere between 6
and 36 eggs.

Perfect yellow yolk, zero green. 14 minutes after the first egg is ladled in.

The quench is key for peelability.

I havent left themninnthe quench for more than a couple minutes, too long and I
bet the inner shell is saturated, may peel better, but will probably spoil
faster.

I dont know my mean ASL here. I was concerned because our water plant added a
"flavoring" system, but there was no change in results.

My lifes work is complete, I'm not certain where to go from here, but I have a
garden full of trinidad scorpions that may be involved in my future path. That
and getting jaime to try peppered rice vinegar.