I don’t want to assemble antennas onsite, and if possible I don’t want a tower
guy doing it because they do everything with channelocks and a pocket knife.
So most of the time I end up doing it.  And I just hate assembling Commscope
dishes.  Haven’t used RFS so maybe they are wonderful.

A tower site with wind and weather and gravel and dirt is not the place to be
assembling things.  If you drop a nut or washer, good luck finding it.  Plus
you maybe have a couple ground crew guys standing around while the tower guy
assembles a dish, meanwhile you’re wasting good climbing weather.

I wish all the antenna manufacturers would put serrations in their clamps to
resist rotating under wind load.  I wish Commscope 1 ft dishes would clamp onto
a 1-5/8 dia pipe, or even the leg of a 25G or 45G tower, you shouldn’t need a
2-3/8 dia pipe for such a little dish.  I wish dishes smaller than 4 ft would
still have an attachment point for a support strut.  I wish all dishes had lift
hooks.  I wish Commscope wouldn’t use stainless hardware that is prone to
seizing, they give you a tube of the silver grease which will get all over
everything if you use it.  Radiowaves uses galvanized or stainless+brass or
bronze nuts.