I think that Ken meant "like Audacity, except for video instead of audio".

You can try OpenShot video editor, but if you want to release this to the
public and influence opinion, it may be easier to pay a local media student
some cash to do a snazzy job instead of spending your efforts to do a very
basic video that may obscure the message.