The word "could" is possibly the most dangerous one in the English language.  There's an infinite supply of insane stuff a person "could" do.

On 10/9/2020 11:40 AM, ch...@wbmfg.com wrote:
I’ll bet you could build a triangle out of magnesium. Maybe with 8’ legs with ring at the end.  Hoist it with a large balloon.  Use the three rings for guy wires.  Run a small tube down a guy to replenish the helium.  Run power and Ethernet down another leg for the APs.
*From:* Ken Hohhof
*Sent:* Friday, October 9, 2020 9:29 AM
*To:* 'AnimalFarm Microwave Users Group'
*Subject:* Re: [AFMUG] The covid, again

Steve mentioned licensed links.  I don’t know if that’s “building back better” or if they had licensed links previously.

But you’re not going to put licensed links on a flying COW.  Even temporary unlicensed links may need to go on a permanent structure.  The days when we’d feed a small site with an SM are over, and apparently this site has 80 subs.

As an indication how things have changed, when we got started in wireless, we gave every customer a backup dialup account.  Of course that would be useless today, and we got out of dialup entirely in 2009.  Even then, customers would drive into town to use free WiFi rather than use dialup.  They could maybe get 80 mobile hotspots and give them out to customers, I think on a business account they might be genuinely unlimited.  If they use Mikrotik CPE routers, there are several models with LTE built in, or get some Cradlepoints.  I like the mobile hotspots better because they could be repurposed more easily.  Once upon a time I would have said WiFi only with no Ethernet is a big problem, but most customers these days are 100% WiFi anyway.