String of balloons.  That would be interesting to see.  Could do it with kites.

From: Adam Moffett
Sent: Friday, October 9, 2020 11:11 AM
To: af@af.afmug.com
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] The covid, again

I "could" launch a satellite with a steam cannon.  It "could" deploy a big foil
dish that fans out after it's in orbit and that "could" connect to a WRT-54G
running Open-WRT in WDS repeater mode.  Bam! WiFi in the whole beamwidth of my
dish.

I "could" use that to repeat the WiFi from my cellphone hotspot and share it
with all 80 people.

These are completely workable plans.  Nothing physically stops this stuff from
happening.  We "could" do them.

Actually with your balloon idea, why not tether a string of balloons to each
other with figure-8 cable? FTTH by balloon.  That "could" be done too. Only the
first balloon in the string needs an anchor, the rest are anchored to each
other.  So simple, I wonder why Google didn't think of it.