> On Oct 14, 2020, at 1:38 PM, Brian Webster <i...@wirelessmapping.com> wrote:
>
> I think it made it to 5 GHz too because SkyPilot had radios that ran under
> PTP rules.

Yes and no….   this is an active petition from Radwin before the FCC to allow
higher power using beamforming antennas in U-NII-1 and U-NII-3:

https://ecfsapi.fcc.gov/file/10618241749047/Radwin%20Petition%20for%20Rulemaking.pdf

<https://ecfsapi.fcc.gov/file/10618241749047/Radwin%20Petition%20for%20Rulemaking.pdf>

"RADWIN seeks modification of Section 15.407 of the rules to allow devices that
emit multiple directional beams sequentially in the U-NII-1 and U-NII-3 bands
to operate at power limits that are allowed for point-to-point systems in those
bands."
 WISPA, the WISPA Policy Committee, as well as Cambium have supported this
proposal but it has not see action from the FCC.

Details of the fine points are in above reference PDF including a discussion of
the current rules.

Mark