From: AF <af-boun...@af.afmug.com> on behalf of Ken Hohhof <af...@kwisp.com>
Date: Wednesday, October 21, 2020 at 1:14 PM
To: 'AnimalFarm Microwave Users Group' <af@af.afmug.com>
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] Calix users

I assume you don’t send them a mesh unit to put behind the TV.  Do you tell
them to put the Firestick on an extender cable?  Or to buy an actual FireTV or
maybe something good like a Roku?

I’m getting tired of the Firesticks.  Lots of customers have 3-5 devices with
hostnames amazon-xxxxxxx which I assume are Firesticks but I guess they could
be other Amazon stuff like Echos.  But I’m starting to see 2-3 of them in
houses consuming a constant 5 Mbps each 24x7.  I can’t believe that even during
the pandemic, people are watching multiple TVs around the clock, so there must
be some situation where these things are just streaming stuff even if nobody is
watching.  They get their power from a separate USB cable so I don’t think they
shut down just because the TV is off.  Maybe if you use them with a live TV
streaming service they just stream constantly?