Or go back on unemployment because you requalified?

On 10/21/20 4:24 PM, Matt Hoppes wrote:
It’s the ghosting era. Show up. Get hired. Find better gig. Don’t talk. Just don’t show.

On Oct 21, 2020, at 6:50 PM, Forrest Christian (List Account) <li...@packetflux.com> wrote:

I've had a position open here for quite some time.   Two interviews set up, no shows.

I don't doubt the unemployment statistics are correct, (i.e. that's the percentage collecting unemployment), but a more useful statistic would be the number of people actually interested in getting and holding an actual job. I have to assume that number is very close to zero right now, at least in the local area.

I've had occasion to use several contractors recently related to insulating the remaining unheated space in our manufacturing facility and it's amazing how many of them qualify their quotes/info with some "I can't find good employees and I'm doing the best we can" hedge.