We had a guy that would teach martial arts after work. He'd make $35/class
and sometimes only have a single
class a night. He'd give up a couple hours of overtime (regular pay
$22/hour) because he was making more
at his other job. He had it stuck in his head $35 > $22 when the reality
was it was $35 vs. $66. I think it took
months for that to sink in.