From: AF <af-boun...@af.afmug.com> on behalf of Darin Steffl
<darin.ste...@mnwifi.com>
Date: Tuesday, November 17, 2020 at 1:29 PM
To: AnimalFarm Microwave Users Group <af@af.afmug.com>
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] OT windows update issues

Can I ask why anyone likes using desktop email programs? Ever since I was a
kid, I've dreaded helping people with outlook, live mail, or thunderbird
because of issues like you're describing.

Also people who didn't set up IMAP so their emails disappeared off their email
server and only existed on their computer. Then they didn't back things up so
when their computer crashed, bye bye to all their emails. Or if they bought a
new computer and need to migrate, it takes an hour or two to backup and move
the outlook file.

Holy crap I shiver when I think about desktop email.

Gmail.com and then move on with life. Forget about database issues, new
computers, spam filtering, multiple devices per account, backups, etc.

You couldn't convince me to ever use desktop email. That's so 2001 haha

On Tue, Nov 17, 2020, 12:05 PM Adam Moffett