There’s a reason Bell System specs for outdoor equipment had a requirement to
withstand a blast from a 12 gauge shotgun at 50 feet.

From: AF <af-boun...@af.afmug.com> On Behalf Of Steve Jones
Sent: Thursday, December 3, 2020 10:01 AM
To: AnimalFarm Microwave Users Group <af@af.afmug.com>
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] OT: Emergency Vehicle LEDs

im suspecting people with rifles is whats causing the wind turbine blades
around here to break off. rural customers are a different type

On Thu, Dec 3, 2020 at 9:53 AM Ken Hohhof <af...@kwisp.com
<mailto:af...@kwisp.com> > wrote:

Maybe it’s an FAA recommendation not a regulation.

I can also say we’re a tenant on a commercial tower that must have had a
problem with the photocell because for several months it was stuck in white
strobe mode.  We had several neighbors call us to complain about it as a
nuisance, and we had to tell them we’d pass the information along to the tower
owner but we did not control the lighting system.  If it was my tower, I
wouldn’t want people with rifles to take things into their own hands.