I see that T-Mobile provides a method to report a call was “not spam”, using a
3rd party called First Orion.  Maybe Verizon and AT&T do something similar.

https://callreporting.t-mobile.com/

I’m not sure any of the carriers have implemented STIR/SHAKEN yet.  When that
happens, it might be incumbent on the outgoing carrier to follow the protocols
to validate the caller ID and prevent spoofing.  But otherwise, the usual
finger pointing would be at your customer (clean up your act you filthy
spammer) or the called party’s carrier (fix your spam filter).  With email
spam, your mailserver IP could be on a blacklist.  But with spam calls, there
is no equivalent to a mailserver to blacklist, it would be the caller’s number
that would be on a blacklist, or a belief that the caller ID was being spoofed.

Most of the robocalls I get are from spoofed numbers either in my same
areacode/prefix (neighbor spoofing) or the caller ID just comes up as a town.
But often the caller ID will be an actual business that is being spoofed,
either randomly, or sometimes I think on purpose they pick something like an
AT&T phone store because it looks like a real call.  So some robocaller could
be spoofing his number and giving him a bad reputation.  Supposedly part of the
AI the phone companies use to determine spam calls is how many calls they are
getting from that number, and how many are answered.

Doing a quick Google search, I also found it interesting one telemarketing blog
claimed it helps to send the customer an email ahead of time and include your
phone number in the email.  The claim is that phones search your email trying
to display a name when they see that number calling.  At first that sounded a
bit far fetched, but actually I guess it’s not.