Or maybe Amazon has a smaller (hence cheaper) dish.  Musk will have the Tesla
of dishes.  Bezos will have the Firestick of dishes.  Given that we suspect the
SpaceX dish may actually cost thousands to make, cheaper might be better.
Well, depending on how much SpaceX bid per location in the RDOF reverse auction.

From: AF <af-boun...@af.afmug.com> On Behalf Of Bill Prince
Sent: Thursday, December 17, 2020 2:59 PM
To: af@af.afmug.com
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] YouTuber dismantles the SpaceX Starlink 'Dishy McFlatface'
Antenna! [V

Maybe Amazon has a better dishy? If only they had some birds in the air. So far
that's Starlink 900, Kuiper 0.

https://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2020/12/amazons-answer-to-spacex-starlink-delivers-400mbps-in-prototype-phase/

On 11/29/2020 12:57 PM, Ken Hohhof wrote:

Wait, 632 little chips and 79 BGAs, plus at 10-14 GHz it would be an expensive
PCB per your previous post.

So if the little chips were 50 cents each and the BGAs $5 each, that alone
would be $700.  I’m just pulling those numbers out of the air, but it doesn’t
sound like you could build it for $100.  More like $1000.