Doesn't sound like you are looking anywhere that would have been industrial
or commercial but if you were, the EPA doesn't care who was responsible for
dumping hazardous waste, the current owner assumes liability for it.

I think wetlands are only an issue if you want to modify that part of your
land. If you have no desire to touch it in a permanent way you might like
them.

By the way, Zillow still seems to be a lousy estimate of value. Make sure
you find a good land real estate broker. Most of the times a real one does
nothing but farm, ranch, and hunting land. They should know what the real
market value is in the area.

On Sat, Jan 2, 2021 at 11:29 PM Adam Moffett <dmmoff...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm poking around Zillow for a piece of cheap land.
>
> Basically looking for some place to play around in the woods, with the
> possibility of building an off-grid camp/cabin in the future.
>
> The pitfalls I'm aware of are wetlands and places with no access.  What
> else should I watch out for?'

Lewis Bergman
325-439-0533 Cell