FB as any form of identity should be illegal, totally banned and 2fa should never even be considered for a social media entertainment account.  Ditto for google.  I sure as hell don't want them knowing diddly squat about me, they have no right to know anything and they have no right to dig/burrow/whatever to gather any kind of private info.  Did they ever pay you for your personal info?  then by what right do they have to sell your info?  Next you'll be calling them the government.  FB is a private business who sell your info to the highest bidder.  This practice should be illegal and banned in every civilized country. Attempting to generate revenue by selling advertising to a group of "likes/dislikes" I don't see much wrong with that, but attaching names and phones to real people is very wrong and sick!

And participants deserve what happens.  Yeah, go ahead and give them your phone number, yeah!  Give them your social security and bank account number too!  And your children's private info and while you're at it throw your parents and grandparents Social security numbers in there too!  Where's your door-code?  Might as well give them your house too!  Pretty soon they'll even know what you're wearing under those pants, oh that's right, you sent pics! Now they not only know what you look like, but they know your bank your account numbers, your social security, your address, your birthday, and your whole family as well and your underwear of the day.

And you gave it all to them for free, no strings and somehow you think a 2fa plus your using your real name is going to protect you?  FB and Google are both guilty of divulging your private data and I can't remember at any time in the last two decades a social media company ever going to jail or even paying a serious fine.

Your best safety valve is never giving FB and Google jack-shit in the first place and 2nd, request congress to put a stop to this gathering of private lintel and the resell of it.