The guy who contacted me was just a volunteer DNR bird watcher. He didn't
have the rules. I have an email into the state DNR employee who is
responsible for the volunteer osprey watch program, which according to
LinkedIn, she is a state biologist. I haven't heard back yet. Bird watcher
volunteer guy says they're at the "nest building" stage. Doubt there's an
egg yet. I very much got the feeling that the volunteer guy didn't have the
full picture.