Always nice to have giddy regulatory authorities than pissy ones.

From: Aeron Wireless
Sent: Tuesday, April 6, 2021 12:00 PM
To: AnimalFarm Microwave Users Group
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] Osprey on towers

Update: Just heard from the DNR. An egg-less nest is not protected. However,
they encourage you not to remove the nest unless there are no other options.
Once the nest is active (with egg or young birds) then there are restrictions
on climbing. Restrictions are based on what stage the egg/birds are in. This
stage may require permits as well - we didn't get into that. This DNR biologist
wants a max disruption of 2 hours during the active nest stage. So she
encourages spreading the work out over weeks with short periods on the tower.
So I will be climbing ASAP. During my work, I'll install a camera pointing at
the nest so we know exactly what stage the nest is in. Plus a camera is a nice
gesture to the DNR, one they are giddy about.
Once I got a hold of the DNR biologist, they were very helpful and
accommodating.