Here's the deal:

Without the vaccine, if you come in contact with the virus in a high enough
dose to catch it, you're almost certain to catch it.

If you catch it and have high-risk medical conditions, you have an
unreasonable chance of ending up dead.

Even if you don't end up dead, there is a very good chance that you'll have
long-term damage as a result of the virus.   Heart problems.  Lung
Problems.   Brain function problems.

Vaccinations reduce the chance of catching COVID to something like 10% for
Pfizer.

Plus, if you do catch it, the severity of the disease is much reduced.
 All of the vaccines are almost 100% effective at preventing
hospitalizations and death.

This means that with the vaccine, we're more in the statistical range (or
less) of dying or having long-term effects from the Flu.   I'm willing to
take that chance.

The only wildcard here is the variants, and if we'll squash this before
there is a nasty variant that pops up which gets around the vaccine.