"A provider may not disconnect a household for non-payment"

You're thinking pre-pay is a workaround?  "I'm not disconnecting them, they just haven't paid for the next month."

I'd be curious to see how well that flies, but I won't be the one to try it.

On 5/5/2021 1:27 PM, Brian Webster wrote:
Re: [AFMUG] EBB Program

And/or any of your plans that are above $50, just make them prepay per month, the additional amount.

Thank you,

Brian Webster

*From:*AF [mailto:af-boun...@af.afmug.com] *On Behalf Of *Adam Moffett
*Sent:* Wednesday, May 5, 2021 11:55 AM
*To:* af@af.afmug.com
*Subject:* Re: [AFMUG] EBB Program

Wow.

So make sure you have a $50/month plan you can move them to?

On 5/5/2021 11:46 AM, Mark - Myakka Technologies wrote:

    Official response from FCC

    "Thank you for reaching out with your question.

    Your interpretation is correct.  A provider may not disconnect a
    household for non-payment associated with the EBB-supported
    service during the EBB Program.  Upon the conclusion of the EBB
    Program, the provider’s generally applicable terms and conditions
    would apply and the provider could take action for that
    non-payment consistent with those terms and conditions.

    In the situation you describe where a household is not making
    payments on their EBB-supported service, a provider can move the
    household to a lower-priced tier provided that the package also
    qualifies for EBB Program (i.e., was offered as of 12/1/20). "

    --
    Best regards,
    Mark mailto:m...@mailmt.com <mailto:m...@mailmt.com>

    Myakka Technologies, Inc.
    www.Myakka.com <http://www.Myakka.com>

    ------

    I'd assume you're right.  "ability to participate" in a program
    has to be a distinct thing from having internet service.