Sharing cables is a headache. Constant truck rolls fixing  what others (ie,
telco or cableco)has modified after your install.
competitive pressures keep the budget tight on capex costs related to what's
practical to get it going but in the long run those truck rolls start eating
into the diminishing returns.
Ethernet cable or Fiber has a longer ROI  on investment however, if you can
structure your easement or property agreements sufficiently you have better
choices to chose from at your disposal in making the upgrades more practical.