Yes, learned all the same lessons.  18 years ago.
Managed switches or routers at every tower.  Every single AP on its own VLAN or
router port.

From: Sam Lambie
Sent: Friday, June 18, 2021 9:16 AM
To: AnimalFarm Microwave Users Group
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] strange outage

We had a flat network for a few years with the same setup as you in terms of
network. Once the network grew to a certain size, broadcast storms would roll
through often and it was almost impossible to track down the culprit without
unplugging the gear and waiting for it to die down. We then switched to VLANs
and that helped immensely, but was hard to manage as most everything was static
routes and we had to remember where everything was routed.
Finally, we moved to routers at each tower, Natting the whole network and doing
a whole slew of other things at the core side and so far for the past few
years, it has been nice.