From: Cassidy B. Larson
Sent: Tuesday, October 5, 2021 11:12 AM
To: AnimalFarm Microwave Users Group
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] facebook outage

I wonder if they did a "commit confirmed 30”? If not, would that have avoided
the whole thing?

  On Oct 5, 2021, at 11:08 AM, Carl Peterson <cpeter...@portnetworks.com> wrote:

  "an engineer put in a config change on a BGP router that propagated to the
other BGP routers and cut off access"

  Sounds like something I would do which is why I generally insist on having a
remote tech physically in the building with a console cable if I don't have OOB
console access when changing BGP on my edge.