Probably more like some kind of automation with a bug in it.  I got a kick out
of FB actually saying that this caused some of their people to be physically
locked out of data center equipment they needed to access to fix it.  I don’t
think I would have ever admitted that.

From: Nate Burke
Sent: Tuesday, October 5, 2021 2:45 PM
To: AnimalFarm Microwave Users Group
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] facebook outage

I think the more plausible explanation is that Zuckerberg was in a bar with
some guys he was trying to impress saying something like 'I do SO run Facebook'
and then whips out his phone and instead of deleting their profile, he presses
the 'delete all' button by accident.

I've been at some small businesses where they can't change an Ethernet port
speed without a 3 person peer review of the config update,  I have trouble
believing that one guy mistyped something.