No, they just had to find a laptop that had a serial port on it. They probably only are issued company tablets.

On 10/5/2021 4:22 PM, Steve Jones wrote:
Id like to think some lowly janitor was picked up from his vacation by a helicopter right from his john boat on the lake, whisked to an airport and loaded onto a leer jet to california, then police escorted to FB HQ to pull out his big ol key ring and open the door

On Tue, Oct 5, 2021 at 4:12 PM Chuck McCown via AF <af@af.afmug.com <mailto:af@af.afmug.com>> wrote:

    Probably more like some kind of automation with a bug in it.  I
    got a kick out of FB actually saying that this caused some of
    their people to be physically locked out of data center equipment
    they needed to access to fix it.  I don’t think I would have ever
    admitted that.
    *From:* Nate Burke
    *Sent:* Tuesday, October 5, 2021 2:45 PM
    *To:* AnimalFarm Microwave Users Group
    *Subject:* Re: [AFMUG] facebook outage
    I think the more plausible explanation is that Zuckerberg was in a
    bar with some guys he was trying to impress saying something like
    'I do SO run Facebook' and then whips out his phone and instead of
    deleting their profile, he presses the 'delete all' button by
    accident.

    I've been at some small businesses where they can't change an
    Ethernet port speed without a 3 person peer review of the config
    update,  I have trouble believing that one guy mistyped something.