Hey, check out the plethora of stuff using LoRaWan.  This is long range stuff low energy and could be put on your towers.  Uses 900Mhz GSM band for the IOT network.

On 11/1/21 11:15, Bill Prince wrote:

Kind of like Alexa sharing your internet connection with your neighbors?

Doesn't Comcast do something like this as well?

On 11/1/2021 11:04 AM, Chuck McCown via AF wrote:
So free forwarding just automagically happens?  They ride some random persons data plan? I realize it is such a small amount of data but that is a pretty sneaky way of getting a free ride.
*From:* Jim Bouse [Brazos WiFi]
*Sent:* Monday, November 1, 2021 11:47 AM
*To:* AnimalFarm Microwave Users Group
*Subject:* Re: [AFMUG] OT Air Tags

The phones will pickup the Bluetooth beacon and relay the phone’s gps to the tracking service.

Basically a GPS by proxy on behalf of the tracking token.

It relies on random folks wandering by and the Bluetooth token snagging enough “air time” to report home.

Jim Bouse
Owner - Brazos WiFi
979-999-7000
http://www.brazoswifi.com <http://www.brazoswifi.com/>